Start a Local High School or College Chapter of “Everyone Matters.” It’s easy – and if you have any problems, just contact us – and we’ll walk you through it!
1. Set up an Everyone Matters Facebook Page for your school chapter
- Click on this link to go to the Facebook page set-up. (You will need to already have a FB page)
- Click on “cause or community”
- Fill in the name in the box – EVERYONEMATTERSATXXXX (XXX = THE LETTERS FOR YOUR SCHOOL). For example, Oregon State University would be OSU, which would be filled out as “facebook.com/everyonemattersatOSU”
- Create a timeline photo like the picture above – where a few of your friends are holding up sign/s saying “Everyone Matters” @ YOUR UNIVERSITY
- For the Profile Photo on Facebook, create a simple graphic, like above, using your school colors – Everyone Matter @ Your University Initials
2. Notify Us – so that we know!
Notify us at [email protected] that you have set up the page, so we can be kept updated, collaborate with you, promote you, and post news about your group on our site.
3. Outreach to Others on Campus to Join
Outreach to people on campus through email, flyers, Facebook, social media, to join your local group, and assist with one or more of the ideas, below.
4. Write updates on the Facebook page
Choose any of these to organize at school:
Consider organizing a Letting Go of Judgment Tree. Consult with a professor, administrator, faculty or Student Affairs person. Show them the page about the Tree, to get their support in organizing it, and putting up a Tree in a public space, at school. (We are planning to pick a winner for the biggest tree, and will announce more about it later.)
Consider organizing a 24-Hour Challenge to Not Judge or Call Anybody Names for 24 hours.
Personally, you can also
Write a blog for us, by registering on this site. We choose blogs to re-post on our Facebook page! You can also submit it directly from your iPhone/ Android/ Blackberry/iPad/ Nook, etc., after you’ve registered, by emailing [email protected]. The post is then added to normal wordpress post section on the site. Filed as pending review and uncategorized.
Upload an “I Am!” photo. Upload directly from your phone/ tablet, to xxxxx
Record your video share about inclusiveness, your identity, an issue, etc.
We will continue to add more information here.
Any questions? Send us an email – [email protected]